Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 3

I didnt walk this morning but I am only doing every other day at the moment. I have sore muscles and I need to just watch my back a bit. But back into it tomorrow morning.

For breakfast I had a cup of cornflakes and 220ml skim milk. I have switched to skim milk and like it. I have drunk it before but I guess just got lazy. I also had 1/2 a banana.

For lunch I have had one round of tuna and salad. That was nice.

I do feel hungry right now and have to really watch that I dont dive for a bowl of breakfast cereal or something like that.

I did also have a coke zero this morning as I was waiting for the car service to finish but when I read the bottle it said zero calories and zero sugar. So I think its ok to have it sometimes.

Dinner tonight was a BBQ - I had one piece of steak and removed the fat, BBQed zucchini with balsamic vinegar, mixed salad - naked (no dressing) and three baby potatoes cooked in the microwave.

It was actually really nice but I was so hungry by the time I got to it. I then had a Bulla icecream for pudding.

I am hungry now but I think thats habit too.

I had a bit of an episode with my BP today. I decided to go into the chemist and get a reading. It came out at 154/94. Elevated from my last reading. So the chemist assistant asked to do it again....this time it was 147/101...she then consulted the pharmasist and it was suggested I go cros the road to the docs and have it done there. So I did...the first reading was 170/100 and the second was 165/115.....I freaked out. I got so frightened and I guess that didnt help. It also didnt help that I was running late to get Jack from kindy and I have a high level of anxiety about my health anyway.

I have made an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I need medicating in the short term. I have never had a reading above 90 before let alone 115. Im scared. But on the positive side I am doing something about it all.

I have also started to download some meditation music and the like. I believe stress has a major impacter on my well being - alot of it unknown. So i need to relax more.

I am also going to eliminate soft drink and coffee from my diet for now. I am going to set the following mini goal.

1. No soft drink or coffee for a week.
Reward - soft drink with Christmas meal.

I'm going to see if it has any effect on me. I usually only drink 2-3 coffees a day but I have been watching the Diet Doctors on Foxtel and they said that caffeine can effect your system for up to 12 hours after consumption.

So we will see how we go. I feel a little crabby today and freaked out by my BP incident. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some plan of action.

6 comments:

  1. The absence of coffee might give you a bit of a headache too... so have that meditation music ready.
    I really admire how brave you are - implementing so many really big changes. Giving up coffee would be a huge thing for me... major admiration coming from me to you!
    Zucchini is one of my all time favourite vegetables - did you grow the ones that you BBQed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We found out that my hubby has diabetic 2 so we started to get the diabetic living mags and it is amazing what you can still eat. I have been using Anlene Milk Low Fat in a green carton for a long time I use to buy it fresh but now I buy it in the long life and have it in the pantry.
    Gilly I have put this up on crafty mamas it is a snack from the dl mag spiced popcorn in the very first issue and it is yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how good is that that you can buy it in the LL cartons. Im the only drinking it so I might do that - Thanks heaps Cathy and I will look up that recipe too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doing great, I just wish I could do the same I think about it and that is as far as I go. I have high blood pressure as well I take 2 tablets in the morning and one at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gilly, here is the recipe, went and had a look on crafty mamas but couldn't find it so here it is.

    SPICED POPCORN

    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    pinch ground cinnamon
    pinch salt (see cook's tip )
    100g ( 12 cups ) air- popped popcorn
    non-stick cooking spray

    1-In a small bowl,combine the cumin,cayenne pepper,ground cinnamon and salt. Set aside.

    2-Remove any uncooked kernels from the popcorn. Spread popcorn over a large,shallow tray. Lightly spray popcorn with the cooking spray. Sprinkle cumin mixture evenly over popcorn and toss gently to coat evenly.

    Cook's tip - If you're using store bought air popcorn, omit the salt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that sounds great cathy thank you :)

    ReplyDelete