Wednesday, February 24, 2010

24th February - On The DL

Ok...Mike says to me this morning - so you're on the DL...I didnt know what he meant...but The DL is the baseball term for the injured list...and he should know - hes played baseball most of his life!

And yes - Im on the DL.

I have been to the physio and she feels that I have over extended and have inflamed L 3, 4 and 5 and that was probably done by making my low impact aerobics a high impact session...that coupled with the fact that I already had an unstable spine (bulging disc in L5 S1)was kinda asking for trouble.

Where does that leave me - that leaves me needing to see her again a week Friday and then spending some regular time getting my back together again. I will be able to work out before then but I have neglected my back so much its going to take time.

So I am taking it easy whilst the inflammation goes away - lots of heat, lots of water (drinking that is) and rest. Which sucks.

Mike is doing wonderfully well and we now weigh the same! So now he is going to over take me!!!! I have been super careful about my diet whilst I cant move - so thats the only control I have at the minute.

But better to get it seen to then suffer and make it worse....

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Gilly. As frustrating as it is, take the time to get better. Sore backs are awful things to deal with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it wont be too long. Great work for eating well and I'm sure you will catch up hubby again real soon! Keep up the great work xox

    ReplyDelete